From: Kostas Kavoussanakis [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, September 23, 2005 6:32 PM
To: pentax-discuss@pdml.net
Subject: Re: Camera engineering (was Re: Rename request)

On Fri, 23 Sep 2005, William Robb wrote:

> The 31 is available, but if you want to hold to an unrealistic notion
> of fair
> pricing for new equipment, I can't help that.

Am I also going to get a lecture on free market and pricing? Tom was
talking about equivalence.

And equivalence was not defined by Tom. Sure, you can pay 10-15 times
as much as the K135/2.5 and get the 80-200/2.8 (if you have the muscle
to lift it, but that's not the main point). Or you can get the
FA135/2.8 for 3 times as much as the K. But they are not equivalent
lenses in my book, other than that there is some FL correspondence.

Tom, a reason KEH has as many K/Ms is that they don't sell cheap. Or
are you saying that the Limiteds they currently have in stock have not
been snapped up because they are undesireable or obsolete or sth?

I think some people have been sucked too much into the argument with
JCO and have perhaps lowered their arguments. The important thing for
JCO to understand is that the game is over. If one feels they are hard
done by, they can vote with their feet.

Kostas