Den 25. sep. 2005 kl. 20.17 skrev William Robb:

----- Original Message ----- From: "Boris Liberman"
Subject: Re: The importance of quality tools, was: Re: How Pentax Could Survive
I totally disagree. Unless word "craftsmanship" means something different than "profession" and that difference escapes me.

Here is an example:

I hired a contractor to build a house. He was good enough to build a structure, but his work didn't show any craftsmanship.
So, while his "profession" is carpentry, he is not a craftsman.

You probably know of a few examples of poorly written software, that could have been improved upon if the person who's profession it was to write the software was a "craftsman" as well.

We recently extended our apartment into the attic, and we had a good craftsman. I was surprised to see that he bought his tools in the same cheap shop that I did.

I love anecdotal evidence .-)

DagT