On Sep 25, 2005, at 5:26 PM, Steve Sharpe wrote:

I am considering a scanner to do my 645 negs and slides. Is there anything out there that can do a half decent job for less than $500? I'd be looking for something that would allow me to make a decent 8X10. I've been looking at Epson's 4490 Photo and 4990 Photo...any thoughts?

I've gotten some excellent 13x19" prints from an old Epson Perfection 2450 scanner with medium format negs. Not as good as a dedicated Nikon 8000, I grant you, but quite good indeed for a $450 scanner. The Epson 4990 is yards better.

Godfrey