>Interesting.  It could also be a problem they fixed with the ZX series
>cameras, or maybe they are all supposed to do that and my camera is busted.
>  Another possibility is that it has something to do with the meter
>inaccuracy problems with the PZ-1p, matrix metering, and A lenses?
>
>Something simular that I have noticed with my older cameras, like the KX,
>is that the lens will stop down differently depending on how fast I push
>the DOF lever down.  If I do it slow, it will be wider than if I push it
>fast.  It seems to stop down the same if I push it down fast and when the
>camera fires the shutter, so I am not too concerned.  This is most evident
>on the A 50mm F1.4 and a Sears 135mm.  Maybe the PZ-1p's aperture lever is
>stopping the lens down more slowly when the lens is set to A than it does
>when an aperture is selected by the aperture ring?

What you described has nothing to do with the Z-1p's problem. I checked the
actual aperture sizes by firing the shutter in full manual (set the aperture
manually) and hyper-manual (lens set at 'A') modes. I believe the problem
was due to the limitation of the K mount's mechanical coupling.

regards,
Alan Chan