Didn't Ricoh try that back in the 80's? KR-10 I think.

-Adam

Glen wrote:

At 11:54 AM 9/29/2005, Godfrey DiGiorgi wrote:

On Sep 29, 2005, at 12:59 AM, Cotty wrote:

Happily, it's generally good enough. Have backups ready when they get
to half. Replace when they show empty. What more do you really
need? ;-)

Viable fuel cell technology!

Old technology. I saw a show featuring turbine engine development ...
micro turbine engines, smaller than your thumbnail, are being
designed with the notion of powering microgenerators to self-recharge
Li-Ion batteries in devices. Jet powered cameras, anyone?

Godfrey

What about a 24 megapixel solar powered *istDS, with rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery backup? Of course, we would need a solar powered flash system to match it. Some of us would never have to buy batteries again!

If we're going to dream, let's dream big.  ;)

take care,
Glen