Unfortunately back in those days a 20mm was considered an ultra-wideangle lens and they did not sell in large quantities, so I would imagine the price is held up buy the comparative rarity. They were considered pretty good lenses in their day however. I have always wanted one myself, but have never found one in the price range I could afford (that should not apply to anyone who is earning a living wage however).

graywolf
http://www.graywolfphoto.com
"Idiot Proof" <==> "Expert Proof"
-----------------------------------

Juan Buhler wrote:

The other day I had the chance to use Gianfranco's M20/4 on the istD,
and liked it a lot. It's small and handles well, and it seems like I
could put up with the slowness. I do have the FA16/45 which is also
f4, but shooting with a compact rig has advantages sometimes.

How hard is this lens to find? Anyone has comments on it? (not much on
it on Stan's page)

Anyone has one for sale? :)

Thanks,

Juan Buhler