John Forbes wrote:

As well as immediate feedback ;-) , I think the two biggest advantages of digital are the much greater control that you have over the image (I'm talking about colour here, it's not the same with b&w), and the fact that the cost is zero until and unless you want to print.

I've never been able to believe that the cost is quite zero, though. Not for the pictures you want to keep (whether you print them or not), anyway. Storing & maintaining data on a digital medium costs something, too - especially if you want any kind of security.

Care to make a real estimate of your cost per picture?

Another minor problem is that the cost of printing with in inkjet or whatever is (as I understand it) actually higher than what you pay for normal prints at a lab. But perhaps the cost of *good* prints comes out as lower?

- T