On 10/2/05, Charles Robinson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> If you think about it, there's no way that a smaller screen could
> possibly look as big and bright in a viewfinder.  Less total light
> hitting the surface area of the screen = less light to your eyes.  No
> way around that without some sort of magical way of intensifying the
> light that is already hitting the screen.

I know--just shutting off my engineering background in order to
daydream a bit :)

A nice (very nice) tradeoff would be to have a full frame viewfinder,
even if the picture is not full frame. It could have framelines like a
rangefinder, and would let you see around the picture you're about to
take...

BTW, this is in my mind one of the strongest reasons to want a full
frame DSLR. Of course, the viewfinder in, say, a ZX5n doesn't look
nearly as good as the one in the MX...

Juan Buhler
http://www.jbuhler.com
photoblog at http://photoblog.jbuhler.com