>I'll agree with Ann on this. When I adjust black/white point, its an
>admission that I've come up short as a photographer. Coming from my slide
>shooting background, my goal is to get it right in the camera.
>Kenneth Waller

My goal is to get it right in the final image.
If I get the shot close enough in camera to give material to produce the
final image that is being strived for with no lose of quality that is success.

After manipulating digital images for a while you can envision what can be
done which allows more freedom when shooting.

Powell