Powell Hargrave wrote:

> >I'll agree with Ann on this. When I adjust black/white point, its an
> >admission that I've come up short as a photographer. Coming from my slide
> >shooting background, my goal is to get it right in the camera.
> >Kenneth Waller
>
> My goal is to get it right in the final image.
> If I get the shot close enough in camera to give material to produce the
> final image that is being strived for with no lose of quality that is success.
>
> After manipulating digital images for a while you can envision what can be
> done which allows more freedom when shooting.
>
> Powell

I just don't think that way.  Can't help it.  I
love that I can look at the
image just after shooting to get a vague idea if
I've been successful,
my problem in shooting is being able to hold the
camera steady enough for
the light conditions I'm working in :)

If I don't get it right to my way of thinking, no
one else is gonna see it.
and if I have to mess with it too much in
photoshop, well - it just goes in the
trash.

I'm a ruthless editor of my own work... though I
certainly miss the mark often enough
anyway.

ann, the anti-post processor