----- Original Message ----- From: "E.R.N. Reed"
Subject: Re: Pentax Future? What's next for Pentax...

LX was better though ;-) with more mechanical speeds and a "standard" hot shoe available in some of the finders. Nikon did produce a not-dissimilar-to-the-LX camera, the FM3a, several years later. Took 'em a while ...

The F3 was released in 1980, and was more or less contemporaneous with the LX. It had one mechanical shutter speed, but it's electronically timed shutter was one of the most accurate in the business.
My F3 tested consistently to within 1/10 stop of total exposure accuracy.

Personally, I like the LX more than the F3 (it's why I switched to Pentax), but the F3 was a much more ruggedly built camera. My f3 was purchased in around 1983, and saw continuous duty up until last year. It has some half million exposures on it now, and has *never* been in the shop, and has never failed to work.
We can only dream about that kind of mechanical reliability.

William Robb