From: Cotty [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 13 July 2001 12:22
To: Pentax List
Subject: Re: Cost incompatibility of MZ-S (was: Ordered My MZ-S ... )

> I finally gave in to the urge and ordered the MZ-S from B&H in NYC.
Not
>only is the camera in stock but the price has dropped from $899.95 to
>$874.95!

By my reckoning, that's about 625 British Pounds, which just confirms my

sickening feeling that the pricing of all things photographic here in
the
UK continues to be artificially inflated when there are all sorts of
noises about how moves are afoot to regain some sort of equilibrium. The

cheapest I've seen the MZ-S advertised in the UK is about 799 Pounds
(body only). That's well over a thousand US bucks. WHY?

Can anyone please tell me why I should pay hundreds more for the same
thing here in Britain, supposedly well and truly ensconced in 'the First

World', than counterparts in the USA?

In fact I'm so fed up with the situation that I now buy lots of items
(with these huge discrepancies) from the USA. Fortunately I have a
friend
who visits regularly, and I can do this. I'm sorry for those who
don't/can't/won't take the time and trouble to do this - it makes me
angry that they pay a premium...for what?

My next major purchase will be the the long-awaited digital offering
(MZ-D?) and you can bet your sweet bippy that it won't be from a British

supplier.

Just my .02p

Cotty