In a message dated 10/10/2005 12:31:04 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
The original capture is too target center for me and doesn't give me
the sense of space/distance. The first crop is much better ... it
provides that sense of distance and isolation that the title is
reflecting. The 2nd and 3rd crops get too tight to provide the same
feeling.

The perspective in all of them is that of distance, not intimacy. The
reason for moving close is to enhance that sense of intimacy.

Godfrey
Yes. It's a contrast and a dilemma. How do you provide intimacy that street
photography seems to require when you are trying to portray isolation? ;-) I
almost labeled it isolation to begin with, then ended up with personal space
because it fit better. His personal space (isolation) and me allowing him his
personal space.

Thanks for the feedback.

Marnie aka Doe