On 10/10/05, Doug Franklin, discombobulated, unleashed:

>On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 23:33:27 -0400, Fred wrote:
>
>> > If you must have * glass you have only one choice the A*135 f1.8.  Best
>> > buy one before Canon shooters mutilate them all to use on their infernal
>> > machines.
>>
>> P.J., are you kidding, or is this obscene mutilation actually happening?
>
>Isn't that what Cotty did?

I would see no benefit at all in mounting an A*135 f/1.8 onto an EOS
body, as Canon already make a 135mm f/2. The 135 would have to be used in
stop-down metering mode and it would not be suitable for my needs.

However, the K15 f/3.5 and the A*85 f/1.4 that I have adapted to EOS work
very well. The 15 is used for landscapes and focussed according to depth
of field achieved. Composing is done at max aperture. The 85 is mainly
used at maximum aperture to achieve minimal depth of field in portraiture.

HTH

Cheers,
  Cotty

___/\__