> 300 US$ is a bit too much for this lens, isn't it?
> Anybody got any comments on this lens?

I think that $300 USD is a bit "steep", perhaps unless it is brand new.

However, the F 50/2.8 Macro (or the optically identical FA version) is
bitingly sharp - it's really an incredibly sharp lens.

Nonetheless, I used to have two of them (at different times), but sold them
both, even though I still have the delightful A 50/2.8 Macro (not the same
optically).

The F is terribly annoying to focus manually.  The A is an absolute
pleasure to focus manually.  So, I've kept the A 50/2.8 (as my "compact,
most portable macro lens"), even though it's just a wee bit less sharp than
the F model.

[The A 100/2.8 Macro is my "bulkier, not quite so compact, but overall
favorite macro lens".}

Fred