Sylwester Pietrzyk wrote:

Dario Bonazza wrote on 12.10.05 12:48:

Balancing pros and cons, I think this is a good move for Pentax, especially
when considering that there's probably nothing better left (since Sony
already teamed with Minolta and Panasonic with Olympus). The alternative
(with a different vision) could only be a stronger alliance with Nikon...
Unlikely. The latest rumours are saying that Nikon will make an alliance
with Fuji to use their newest Super CCDs in new cameras...

That makes a lot of sense. I've always asked myself why they didn't do that years ago.

Dario