Samsung is well regarded in many parts of the world, and, if memory serves
me, they are the biggest, or at least one of the two/three largest,
manufacturers of consumer electronics and goods in the world.  They make a
lot of cards, chips, and boards that are used by other companies in their
equipment.  It's quite possible that a lot of people don't know who's
making the stuff inside their brand name camera, computer, pdma, cell
phone, microwave, radio, or x-ray glasses.

Shel