Kodak failed with the DCS 14n, Pro/n and Pro/c because their 14 MP sensor was noisy. The problem: Kodak ended the product line.

Olympus failed with the E-1 and E-300 because the Kodak sensors are noisy at all but the lowest ISO settings. The problem: Kodak ended their interest in Four Thirds and decided to co-operate with Minolta, meaning Olympus have had to co-operate with Panasonic whose sensors are even noisier than Kodak's.

Regardless of Samsung, I have been concerned about Pentax using a Kodak sensor for the 645D since I first read about the deal. Beyond problems of noise, Kodak has a recent history of losing interest in markets quickly, then taking their toys to play in some other sandbox. It doesn't affect me personally: I don't have any 645 lenses. But I worry about what kind of reputation this camera will acquire, and how much money Pentax will lost on it -- money that could have gone into producing 35 mm. and DSLR lenses.

Joe