Now you're talking! This is what we finally "decided" was going on. We
tried getting a feeler gauge in between to push that pin in while
simultaneously pushing the auto/manual switch towards "auto". Not
happening. My camera expert here seemed to think that dismantling the
lens would get us to the necessary access but he wasn't sure. A little
while ago, someone suggested just forcing the lens to turn. Correct me
if I'm wrong, but the first thing to break would be that pin
(wonderful), the second thing to break would be the adapter (even
better) and he couldn't think of anything that might break in the camera
(Digital Ist DS - would be very expensive if something did break). What
do you think?

--
  dave g
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]