On Sun, Jul 15, 2001 at 07:15:11PM +1200, David A. Mann wrote:

>  If you're happy with LowePro gear you could take a look at their AW series.  I
> have a Compact AW which is one of the lesser-astronomically-priced models
> and it suits me pretty well (it's a great medium format bag).  I also have a Nova
> 3 which I grew out of (it still makes a good "travelling light" bag).
>
>  My requirements were a little different from yours however; I wanted a bag
> where I could access anything without having to screw around with multiple
> "layers" of equipment.  I was getting very frustrated with my Nova 3 today
> because of all the gear I'd tried to cram into it :)

Nova 3 when travelling "light"?  I almost always travel with a Nova 1.
I was recently on holiday with A24/2.8, M35/2, M85/2 plus ME Super
with MEII winder without "layers" of equipment.  I can also carry a
Cokin P holder with 49 and 52 rings and an orange and a linear
polariser.  (Plus the obligatory spare set of batteries, an incident
meter and a hotshoe spirit level.)  It gets a bit fiddly when you try
to use the filters, but aren't they always?

I suppose it's because I usually go without flash.  As soon as I try
to fit in the Vivitar 283 as well, it's a whole different story.

--
Francis Tang, Postgraduate Research Student.
LFCS, Div. of Informatics, Uni. of Edinburgh, EH9 3JZ, UK.