William Robb wrote:

> Up here, driving a car is considered a privledge, not a right. The police
> have been determined to have the right to ensure that you qualify for the
> privledge.

They give us that same line in the US and I think it's a bunch of crap.
Riding a bicycle isn't a privilege, walking isn't a privilege, skateboarding
isn't a privilege and neither is any other method of transport. Buying into
that requires buying into the idea that freedom is something that the
government can mete out as it sees fit.

We're free to drive as long as we don't endanger anyone. If we make too many
mistakes and endanger too many people then that freedom is taken away.

Tom Reese