Yes, that's true. (Although we haven't heard from JCO since the ugly button
incident.) But, seriously, Pentax has indicated that there will be a successor
to the *istD. To me, that says it will be capable of using the new lenses that
were marketed specifically for the *istD. Now, perhaps there will also be
another new 35mm-style Pentax DSLR at some time that is not meant to be a
successor to the D or DS, but Pentax has apparently said that the next camera
will be the D successor.
Paul