William Robb wrote:

----- Original Message ----- From: "keith_w"
Subject: Re: Self Portrait?

Neither of the BMW's that I have owned handled especially well in the wet............

Obviously ~ wrong tires...

I'm not sure if I can blame the equipment. I have a bad habit of overdriving the conditions.

Of course, anyone *can* outdrive his vehicle and the road conditions, if he's either inattentive or foolhardy. Or both. Driving at 9/10ths or more of the car's capability requires truly exceptional attention and skill, which the greatest bulk of drivers simply don't have, and will not devote the time to develop... And, some (95% or more?) don't have the reaction time and reflexes necessary.
Not meant to be a put down, just a recognition of the facts....

But, I tried both Contis and Michelins on both. Neither would keep the vehicle on the road the way I tended to drive at the time.

Glad to hear that sentence in the past tense... ;-)

William (Shut up and Buckle up) Robb

_Do_ take care of yourself!

keith