Michelins - arghhhh, like driving on grease

Maybe on your E30s, but I can't say enough about my Michelin Pilot Sport 2's on my Boxster S.

Kenneth Waller

----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris Stoddart" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Subject: Re: Self Portrait?

On Fri, 21 Oct 2005, William Robb wrote:

>> Neither of the BMW's that I have owned handled especially well in the
>> wet............
>
> Obviously ~ wrong tires...

I'm not sure if I can blame the equipment. I have a bad habit of overdriving
the conditions.
But, I tried both Contis and Michelins on both. Neither would keep the
vehicle on the road the way I tended to drive at the time.

Yep, Keith's right; tyre/tire choice is critical. Over the last decade
I've tried several makes on my E30s

Michelins - arghhhh, like driving on grease
Continentals - average and expensive
Pirelli P6-somethings - not bad, would have them again
GoodYear Eagles - current fave

Of course tread patterns and rubber compunds in North America might bear
no relation to those in Europe, which I am sure are designed more for
wet, curvy roads? Ditto the car suspension? Also bear in mind BMW's are
meant to be a bit tail-happy because they're all about the driver being in
charge, not the car :-)

William (Shut up and Buckle up) Robb

Mind how you go,

Chris