On Oct 22, 2005, at 7:41, Mark Roberts wrote:

I think we're both reacting as people who worked in the photofinishing
business and had to deal with iPhoto CD's brought in by customers.
Perhaps I am being a bit harsh in my judgment, but surely *someone* must
make an alternative that runs on Mac?

This is a problem on the part of the people who make the CDs. iPhoto has an option to "export" photos, which makes a perfectly reasonable ISO9000-compliant CD and all that.

BUT - the standard format of an iPhoto library does have the nesting, the multiple folders, and all that. Part of iPhoto's way of managing multiple versions of the photos, thumbnails etc. It can get messy if you start browsing around in the file structure.

Perhaps it would be better if Apple made it even simpler - a big button which just says "create cd for bringing to the photofinishers". But of course they won't do that, because they would like you to send 'em to their online photo printing service.

(sigh)

I find it adequate for simple photo management. I find it completely doggy on my 1.4gig Powerbook with a gig of RAM if I try to use it to edit photos. It's quicker to launch CS2 once (with the inevitable wait for everything to load) and then double-click on each photo in turn to load it up for editing.

 -Charles

--
Charles Robinson
[EMAIL PROTECTED]