Hi!

You impress me as someone who should not step into a modern art gallery without a personal defibrillator. :)

It amazes me that Shel's simply elegant image of a singular festive autumn leaf would drain you of so much of your energy. By the time you see some of the truly depressing work in some modern art galleries, you will really need that defibrillator. ;)

Glen, I think I can say that out loud :-), I don't visit a gallery if I know it presents the art created after impressionist period (early 20th century)... I simply don't understand modern art. I went few times to exhibitions (well forced myself to go)... I went out deeply disturbed and confused...

I like classical paintings and impressionist paintings... Impressionism is my favorite style. It is simply so airy, so light, so alive...

I think the WWII still has its impact on the art.

Well, I did notice the smileys, but I think you deserved a more serious answer.

Boris (who can only guess what defibrillator is without googling it)