Jody writes:So stuff it in your pipe and smoke it.
Jody you've been smoking something if you think you can get critically sharp
photos (especially flowers) without using a tripod. You're dreaming pal.
Either that, or you really have never seen critically sharp photos. You can
take SNAPSHOTS of flowers hand held, maybe that's what you are talking about.
You might even get reasonably sharp photos using 400 speed film in bright
sunlight, but they won't look good. If that's what you like, then go for it.
I myself like critically sharp photographs taken on slow speed highly
saturated film. You can only do that with a tripod, pal. Don't kid yourself.
Studies have shown again and again that a tripod makes all the difference in
the world.

In a message dated 7/17/01 12:18:00 AM Pacific Daylight Time,