----- Original Message ----- From: "Rob Studdert"
Subject: Re: Sent My Brother to the Dark Side

For some people the future figures in their current decisions. If I had no
camera system and were embarking on a photographic hobby I'd be most likely to buy into a system that could support me into the future as my interest grew. If however I just wanted a DSLR to bandy about casually birthdays etc then I guess I wouldn't really care but I'd probably go for the "brand name" and buy the
good ones, you know the ones every one else has, Nikon or Canon.

It's nice how some things never change.
Five years ago we were bitching that Pentax didn't have a film camera to compete with the best that Nikon or Canon were putting on the market.
At least we are consistent.
Anyone that thinks that Pentax, on it's own, can come close to competing with either Nikon or Canon on specifications has rocks for brains. They have been out of the running specification wise for about 35 years now, except for a few glorious years when the LX was actually a pretty good camera by comparison.
Why does anyone think that's going to change?

William Robb