Well if you have a pure debit card it does not. If it is a Visa Check card or something like that you get the same protection as with a credit card except they do not immediately redeposit your funds, you have to wait until they sellers response period is over usually about 3 weeks to a month. And yes I have gotten my money back from a bad transaction that way. It is why I should have ran a paypal transaction through the Visa Check card instead of letting them directly draft my account a while back. I would at least have gotten my $15 back, since I never got the product.

graywolf
http://www.graywolfphoto.com
"Idiot Proof" <==> "Expert Proof"

Tom C wrote:

And while we're at it...Can somebody please tell me why the hell I should care if they run my card as a debit or credit transaction? It's all coming out of the same account..I don't get it.

Cory
made a good dinner tonight ;)

.

Don't know all the reasons. Somtimes at gas stations, a pre-auth may be made that locks up funds, sometimes for over 24 hours. Many only do it for a small amount like $1.00... but others may do it for $75.00. So, if an account had a low balance and you were unaware of the authorization, which for all intents and purposes, until released is a debit, additional charges could make one go into overdraft. Saw it on the news last week.

I also think you have more recourse, insurance protection, etc., if using a credit vs debit card (not that running a debit as a credit will make a difference there).

Tom C.