Hello Trevor,

Glad that you shared with us.  It is always nice to see others work
and to be able to provide comments.

For me, this image is a bit over the top with the flash.  Rather than
being fill, it lights up the flower and green parts too much so that
it doesn't blend at all with the background.  Now this could just be
me, but it causes it to jump out in an unnatural way.  I'm not much of
a fill flash person when it comes to plants (use it quite a bit with
weddings and portraits though).

I think you spotted something that does have merit with it's colors
and the background.  I would have also like to see a lower angle -
more looking directly at the open blossom.  Not sure if it would be
better, but certainly worth the effort.  I know with my stuff, I'll
spot what I want to shoot, but take several frames with different
perspectives and different DOF.  Many times my first image is not the
one of choice.

My 2 bits...

--
Best regards,