> Reading about Don's problems with his
*istD and built-in flash has
> prompted me to write.
> My *istD developed a similar problem while using the built-in flash - no
> charging, coupled with apparent draining of the batteries and refusal to
> trip the shutter. The flash charging circuitry is obviously damaged and
> it needs a repair.
> If this is an unfortunate one-off then so be it, but if this is a common
> fault I'll try to persuade the retailer to fix it for free (of course,
> warranty has expired ...).
> So - how many other *istD owners have had this problem?
>
> David

Hi David.
My istD will sometimes show a blank picture if using the pop up flash. Even
when using
fresh batteries, i can take a photo
and the icon shows empty. If i turn off then on,its fine again. The blank
screen is
sporatic.However based on the number of
complaints i have heard, assumped this to be something the camera juist does.
Maybe mine
needs to be looked at aswell.
Side note. Camera works fine with Sigma 500 Super in Green mode.

Dave Brooks