David,

My first *istD developed this fault. When it was repaired they used an upgraded circuit board. This may mean that they knew it was a weak spot and have fixed it but didn't think it was worth a recall. I don't know when they changed the board but it was in the first year as I got one of the first D's in Australia (first shipment released for sale) and had it repaired under warranty.

 Leon

http://www.bluering.org.au
http://www.bluering.org.au/leon

David Dixon wrote:
Reading about Don's problems with his *istD and built-in flash has prompted me to write. My *istD developed a similar problem while using the built-in flash - no charging, coupled with apparent draining of the batteries and refusal to trip the shutter. The flash charging circuitry is obviously damaged and it needs a repair. If this is an unfortunate one-off then so be it, but if this is a common fault I'll try to persuade the retailer to fix it for free (of course, warranty has expired ...).
So - how many other *istD owners have had this problem?

David