Yes,
I've seen it before in the printing industry.
Catalogue pictures of apparel with fine regular patterns are trouble.
By the time it gets to a lithography plate, the moire patterns can be
big trouble.
The contrast of the pano at full size and reduced to screen size is a
great illustration of the problem.
Regards,  Bob S.