Mike Johnston wrote:

> One thing that really flummoxed me once was
> when I was doing a shoot with an EOS and the
> battery died.

One could argue (not I, though) that you should have changed
to fresh batteries before the shoot.

> I replaced the battery quickly enough, but the
> changeover wiped out all the custom-functions
> and camera settings I'd had entered.

Which, I suppose, would have been the case had you changed
batteries before the shoot. As you noted, setting up the
camera again could be time consuming or confusing depending on
one's familiarity with the gear, access to a manual, and being
able to remember just how you wanted everything to be.

I've equipped all my cameras with custom functions.  They are
an understanding of metering and light, a clear idea of what I
want to express, a knowledge of DOF, film, and developers, all
of which is controlled by the processor God has given me.
--
Shel Belinkoff
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]