Jaroslaw wrote:

> What is this much talked about "pro" character of a camera? In my
> opinion it's more than just features - the camera must be constructed
> in such a way that it's capable of withstanding rough professional
> use to be called a "pro" piece of gear. From this perspective the EOS-
> 1N or V is a pro camera and the Z-1P isn't.

The only current Canon thats even near the Z-1p is the EOS-1v. In fact, the Z-1p is a
major missed oportunity. Theres nothing in the Z-1p's internals thats second to the
EOS1 in terms of durability and reliability. In spite of what Canon wants you to
believe, the EOS-1 was a far cry from anything like the Nikon F-series cameras. The
only place the Z-1p suffers is the choice of outer plastic body parts. With slightly
better plastics and a larger mirror and viewfinder the Z-1p could have been marketed
as just as much  of a pro camera as the EOS1.

Pal