[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< True enough, but another thing that makes a pro camera
 a pro camera is the ability to rent expensive bits of
 the system.

 Even here in little ol' Charlottesville, I can rent,
 say, a 300/2.8 or 600/4 for my Nikon bodies.  Nothing,
 nada, is available for Pentax.  The same is true in
 big cities--much can be rented for Nikon and Canon,
 little for Pentax 35mm. >>

True enough. Way back when, mid 80s I would say, this is precisely the reason
that I changed systems from Pentax to Canon MF. At the time, the 3 35mm
systems available for rent were Canon, Nikon, and Olympus.

Kind regards

Peter