----- Original Message ----- From: "Don Williams"
Subject: Re: Speed of memory cards...

I didn't know that -- what a chump! I should have checked. But I have one further problem. The RAW files can be converted in Photoshop easily and further processed -- but when I convert (to TIFF) and send them to my co-worker and he opens them with Paint Shop Pro -- they look like something 'gone wrong' in ImageJ. They are useless -- to be precise.

Does paint shop pro support 16 bit files? If not, set up an action in Photoshop to convert your 16 bit TIFFs to 8 bit TIFFS. It's quite bizzarre what heppens to 16 bit files that hit an imaging program that doesn't support them. I have to remember to do this prior to transporting files to my photo lab, which doesn't support 16 bit files.

William Robb