The *ist-D is speed limited by it's bus. Faster cards make very little difference. Jpeg is a bit faster you'll get 5 shots before the inevitable slowdown.

Don Williams wrote:

For my work rather important. I've been taking series of pictures of dynamic events and after about four pictures the camera needs to unload the buffer into the card. This interrupts the record and there is a gap in the data. A faster card may make all the difference. I'm using TIFF and would prefer to use RAW -- but this would be quite impossible.

Don

Albano Garcia wrote:

Hi gang,
Just wanted to know, based in your experience, how
important is the speed of memory cards (SD) and how it
affects camera's performance.
Regards

Albano Garcia
Photography & Graphic Design
http://www.albanogarcia.com.ar
http://www.flaneur.com.ar

When you're worried or in doubt, Run in circles, (scream and shout).