Hi!

Rob, et al, am I to understand the above statement so that the wider
lens is preferrable for panorama stitching?

Definitely the case for immersive image (full sphere) production and obviously the wider the view the fewer the number of stitches required to cover a given angle of view. Also when shooting single row panoramas a wide lens allows greater freedom WRT vertical angle of view.

Rob, I see your point... But I have just one concern here... I tried to stitch few images shot with 43 Ltd. Prior to that I only used 77 Ltd or wide end of F 70-210... Apparently when I moved the 43 Ltd every so slightly I changed the relative position of some elements in the frame in such a way that stitching became geometrically impossible.

What came to my mind this time is that, perhaps, by applying PTLens one can "flatten" (or de-fish, if you will) the view hoping to compensate for the effects I described above.

Anyway, Mark Roberts seems to be using 31 Ltd most of the time for his panos. What probably matters more is being free of any geometric distortions in the frame...

I suppose I should be arranging for some experiments. With AutoStitch it is extremely easy, almost too easy, I might add.

Boris