YES...  10 or so years ago, I needed a camera I could throw in my briefcase
while on business travel, for both business and personal use.  I found a
Samsung P&S with the longest zoom I could find at the time (I think it is
28-105 but I don't have it in front of me).  It has been bullet proof over
the years and the lens is remarkably sharp up to 8x12 using 100 speed B/W
film.

To challenge myself, I somethimes go shooting using only one camera body and
only one lens... forces me to make the best use of what I have available
rather than rummaging through a couple of bags of stuff.  Usually quite a
challenge to maximize the picture while maximizing the assets of the
lens/body combo, or minimizing its shortcomings.  I have also done this with
the Samsung with quite good results.  I also keep it available for those
quick shots when hauling out the rest of the gear is impractical or for
inclement weather.

Jerry in Houston