The best preview I've found on this camera so far is the one at LetsGoDigital.com: <http://www.letsgodigital.org/html/review/ricoh/gr/ digital_camera_EN1.html>
Photo.net:
<http://www.photo.net/equipment/ricoh/gr_digital/>

and some samples at
<http://www.photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=00Dahg>

I have not seen any high ISO samples yet. BUT let's not think it will circumvent the laws of physics: This is a camera with a standard 1/1.8" sensor, like many others in this market space, and that makes it basically an ISO 64 camera. ISO 1600 will be unusably noisy compared to a Pentax DSLR.

I've been very interested in the Ricoh GR Digital too, as well as the Panasonic LX1. After due thought and consideration, I decided to try out the LX1 ... the image stabilization is, I feel, a larger plus for a camera with this size sensor over any advantages the prime lens of the Ricoh might offer.

Godfrey