http://www.wellesley.edu/Computing/Epson/epson.html#badquality

Shel
"You meet the nicest people with a Pentax"

printer. There are stripes a few millimeters apart on all prints. I've made
sure that the right paper type is selected (I use Epson glossy photo
paper). I've gone through all the various head cleaning precedures. The
tests show everything is OK but the prints still turn out with stripes. The
right printer driver is installed. The colors are dead on accurate with no
adjustments needed (I thought this would be the biggest hassle).