If image quality is what you want, why not go for a 6x9 camera. a 6x9 tanny is very nice on the light table.

graywolf
http://www.graywolfphoto.com
"Idiot Proof" <==> "Expert Proof"

Boris Liberman wrote:

Hi!

The fixed lens range-finder style cameras generally offer very good performance relative to cost, the P645 whilst a wonderful camera is IMO too much like the kit that you already have without a really substantial advantage. The RF style cameras optics are generally better than SLR optics, there is less need to compromise also as you mentioned the leaf style shutters do not shock the camera like a mirror/FP shutter (though the P645 is very good in this regard). If I'm shooting at normal daylight shutter speeds with my Mamiya 7 I can't detect a difference between images (at 40X magnification) shot on and off tripod. Bottom line is that really I wouldn't suggest that you bother with MF unless you are considering 6x6 format or larger and modern optics that is unless you aren't chasing improved image quality over what you already shoot.

I am chasing improved image quality of course... Otherwise why bother...

So, if I understand you correctly Fuji 645 that I mentioned is a reasonable way to proceed, right?

Boris