> I've seen that at many places.  It's just the passenger
> information system; not stuff that is really important.
> OTOH, I know someone who has been working on the new UK air
> traffic control system.  Apart from having the total UK
> system in one building, which is scary enough, his stories
> about the software make me think very hard about flying as a
> travel option.  It took them two years to get the building's
> environmental management system working properly.

The air traffic control system has been under development since well before
the Wright brothers, it seems. It features as a case study in numerous books
about how not to manage projects. However, given that large safety-critical
software systems of that type are the most complex artefacts people have
ever tried to build it's a wonder anything ever gets into the air and stays
there.

Bob