But it will, tell it the files are TIFF and it finds them just fine...
(At least it finds PEF files just fine, I have no experience with other manufactures RAW files).

Mark Roberts wrote:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

In a message dated 11/19/2005 7:54:11 PM Pacific Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes: Don't bother with the sleight of hand, just comply and erase the card. Then before you take any more photos switch cards and use recovery software on the first card, even a normal format will leave the data behind.
=========
Uh. Good idea! Didn't realize they had them, but a quick google search turned up a free one here:

http://www.snapfiles.com/Freeware/system/fwdatarecovery.html

PC Inspector Smart Recovery.

PC Inspector Smart Recovery won't work with RAW files though.

I searched for recovery software recently and was quite frustrated that
almost none of them list all the formats they will read. I had to
download and try several before I found one that would do Pentax RAW
files. It's Recover My Photos. It puts a TIF extension on the recovered
files, presumably because RAW files are basically specialized TIFFs, but
all you have to do is change the extension to PEF and you're in
business.
http://www.recover-my-photos.com/
It's not free but it's only $29.95

--
When you're worried or in doubt, Run in circles, (scream and shout).