> For the most part, PhotoShop processing has nothing to do with
> manipulation. It's the equivelant of selecting a paper, dodging and
> burning, and altering exposure and processing times in the darkroom.

I was speaking from my perspective as a nature photographer and I know that's a
narrow viewpoint. I definitely do remember a lot of cloning, pasting and
whatall in some threads. That's the manipulation that I find objectionable.

I certainly understand the benefits of being able to eliminate skin blemishes
in portraits and I'd be deep into digital photography if I made my living
shooting portraits.

> You must not have paid much attention to the earlier threads.

No I admittedly haven't. I tend to ignore digital threads. There doesn't seem
to be much else on this list lately.