On Fri, 25 Nov 2005, frank theriault wrote:

but sometimes in a pinch, it's all I have).  I haven't tried it, but
I've heard it's quite nice exposed at 320 (apparently HCB did that
quite often) or 200, as well.

(in both cases) With or without pulling? 320 but processed as 400 is just 1/3 overexposure, to lighten the mood. I (used to) do it with colour film.

I also like Tri-X; I push it to 800 for my indoor, available (?) light piccies of the kids.

For colour, as I have said many times, I struggle to discern between Superia 400 and Centuria Super 400; I occasionally use Reala in the summer, but in general there is just not enough light in Scotland. I have discounted Supra in the past (found it too orange), but I liked the one UC I shot last month; need to assess if it's worth the extra money. The one roll of NPH (or was it NPS) I shot I found too green.

As I usually print small and for me and the family, colour is my only interest; not that I know enough to discern contrast or such-like.

Kostas