I usually expose my Tri-X at 200-250 or so. Gives me nice dense
negatives with plenty of shadow detail, and I have yet to have it
block up on highlights. I develop it in D76 1:1, and I get nice smooth
midtones. It's probably my favorite "people" film, though, depending
on the situation, I'll usually use something slower (PlusX, TMax 100)
for "place" or "thing photography.

Too bad Kodak stopped making the polymax RC paper. I liked that,
especially with TriX. Usually had the contrast nailed without any
adjustments, unless I was pushing the film.

-Mat