On 25 Nov 2005 at 10:57, Kostas Kavoussanakis wrote:

> Well I tried to find the notebook he was talking about in the UK and
> the model is NA. Perhaps if I knew the spec I could judge. The
> cheapest Compaq I found in my quick search was 450 GBP (800 USD?).
>
> http://www.technoworld.com/productdisplay.asp?ProductID=27993

It's pretty much the same model,
http://www.nintek.com.au/x/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=1408 + AU$100 refund

> If its monitor is like my Dell D500, it's pointless.

Well this one's monitor has been hardware calibrated and is currently in
transit around Australia and being successfully used to manage the 11000 (so
far) RAW images that my friend has shot (including pano stitching). Work that
out in film/processing value.

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998