On 30 Nov 2005 at 18:30, Toralf Lund wrote:

> I've never been able to understand that argument. Well, at least not if
> it is a question about whether you should switch from film gear you
> already have. I can't see why you should replace something that works
> just fine just because it will stop working in a few years - especially
> when the type of equipment you need to switch to is expected to increase
> in quality and go down in price.

Simply because it will cease to exist and no longer be supported by the
mainstream, just like leaded vehicles.

> But of course, if this is a question of a long term investment, the
> situation is somewhat different... Then again, the prices on digital is
> still a bit on the expensive side, and dropping quite rapidly, while
> film equipment is very cheap these says (especially if you buy used)...

Because most people see film gear as on the way out.

> Good point. One of the reasons why *I* haven't got digital yet, is that
> I can't see myself deleting any pictures at all...

Why delete images on a digital, I rarely threw away slides when I started
shooting digital I found myself similarly compelled to retain all the image I
shot, it cost very little in the way of storage media and far less physical
space than film per image.

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998